Welcome!

Hey guys, for those of you just joining us, WELCOME and I hope you enjoy my reviews (and/or rants)!
Avant Manger (Blog Guide) and Posts of Yesterday (Archives) can be found at the bottom.
Thank you to everybody following my blog, Food Matters, and supporting me thus far!
Feel free to contact me at foodmatterstome@gmail.com with anything! Cheers!
--Doug

July 15, 2011

Off the Trail: Dining Street - London Heathrow Terminal 4!


Have you ever thought that airplane food was a little bland? Stale? Old? Whatever the adjective, join the club -- and as I was stepping off a marathon flight to London one chilly (and rainy!) afternoon, that was the dismally hungry state I found myself in! Needless to say... when a man's gotta eat, a man's gotta eat! Time to find some munchies


After a quick scout around my terminal, one thing became increasingly clear: there isn't much choice -- you'll find one restaurant here and there, but basically the only viable option to eat here IS Dining Street (yes, that is the name of a restaurant...) so good, bad, or anywhere in between, if you're starving for food, well, good luck! That isn't to say that Dining Street is bad, no, I would say it's right around average. Advertising "Crispy British Bacon" and "Mature English Cheddar" on their burger, I would hardly say that this showcases the pride of London's food - for that, Fish and Chips with some ale will do the trick! No, it was like any other burger you've had, beefy and ... burger-y. Nothing special but I did like the fact that they dusted the burger bun with flour first so you wouldn't get your fingers dirty - good touch. The fries were crispy and hot but also very airy; it felt like I was eating fried mashed potatoes (like..dislike, you make the call)! Some housekeeping details as well: at the airport, they accept US, Sterling, Pounds, Euro, all major credit cards BUT the cost of this meal rang almost 15 pounds = 20 Euro = 30 CND... you tell me but next time, I think I'll just sit tight and wait for my connection!


The Verdict: 65/100

Tip: A good way to know if you're in Europe is when the wine is cheaper than the water =)

2 comments:

  1. no comments on the service? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not recommended for speed, that's for sure.. the service was pretty apathetic and slow for the most part =( nearly made me miss my flight haha

    ReplyDelete